Wednesday, December 3, 2008

my letter to beelzebub

dear beelzebub,

your words cannot contain me...
I will not be destroyed by the ideas of a mind too narrow to know--
--too blind to comprehend the depths and heights of heaven that radiate in my heart.
you'll only go as far as I let, and here I draw the line.

So save your insults.
Save your judgements.
Save your stones for someone else.
I cannot, no I won't, let you bring me down.

I am not fickle.
I am not bland.
I cannot be summed up and grated through your egotistical grid.
you suffocate reality and mold it into your pet, living for far less and deeming it your own.
I will not fight to defend myself...this battle is not mine.

No, I won't try to prove myself.
your weapons are bitter and broken-
a calloused heart is your prize.

So beat on, heart beater.
The battle has begun.
I said bring it on, life stealer.
This battle has already been won.


sincerely,
court